I seem to be all about the list posts these days, haha.
J’s birthday is two days before Valentine’s Day, so that means we plan or balance around birthday plans. This year, his birthday and Valentine’s Day book-end a weekend. We have a good bit going on this weekend, unexpected and nice, but it means our Valentine’s celebrating might look a little unconventional. And it can be marvelous if we let it!
While it’s great to drab up and go out, the unconventional dates can be some of the most special. Would you agree?
How about these….
- Ice Cream Outing
- Photo Session (I’d love to do this someday.)
- Zoo Or Aquarium
- Take A Hike
- Farmer’s Market Visit
- Brunch Date
- Alumni High School Sporting Event
- Make Homemade Something (Bread, ice cream, pizza, etc.)
- Restaurant You’ve Never Visited Before
- Dancing Class
- A Night Away (We did this for our first Valentine’s day, a staycation of sorts, and it was super sweet.)
- Shopping Trip (We’re decorating bits and pieces of our home, and it’s fun to pick out items together.)
- Fun Exercise (A pick up game of soccer is sometimes our weekend gig, or a bike ride.)
- Snacks + Show Marathon
- Road Trip To See Friends or Family
- Wander Around A Bookstore
- Have A Living Room Campout
- People Watching (We like to eat dinner somewhere, and then hit the mall for a milkshake and people watching.)
- Go On A Photography Adventure (We like these. It’s mostly for me, but he enjoys my silliness.)
- Picnic Somewhere You’ve Never Been
This weekend we have a brunch date that will consist of creating waffle masterpieces. J then has plans for most of the day with his dad, and he has hinted at a fun dinner spot.