Lately my spiritual growth has been marked by the words, “taste and see.” Meditation, prayer, quiet are examples of practicalities.
I’m a creative individual, a visual person, you might say. In this fresh season of learning and change, the taste part has been easier than the see part.
So what did I do? I asked God to help me see. I was even super specific, Lord, give my heart’s eye an image.
I don’t need to literally and physically see Him with my eyes, that won’t happen in this life, we live by faith not by sight, but maybe to taste and see Him is to dwell on the beautiful, marvelous person of God.
I didn’t “get” anything supernatural, but the next day I was prompted to read through Psalms to see how God is personified with human characteristics, or even specific details of His being.
So I read, flipping page after page, jotting down verses here and there. I’d like to share some of them with you, in case your heart ever longs to see God, and struggles a little like I did.
- He is a shield around me. Psalm 3:3
- He lifts my head, like a Father would a child. Psalm 3:3
- He holds my hand. Psalm 73:23
- His dwelling place is lovely. Psalm 84:1
- He is robed in majesty and strength. Psalm 93:1
- He is my safe place. Psalm 4:8
- His voice is powerful, full of majesty. Psalm 29:4
- His face shines. Psalm 67:12
- He is a hiding place. Psalm 32:7
- He shouts deliverance over me. Psalm 32:7
- He looks down and sees me. Psalm 33:13, 18
- In His light, do I see light. Psalm 36:9
- His hands support me. Psalm 18:35
- The heavens declare His glory; the sky proclaims His handiwork. Psalm 19:1
- He is my friend. Psalm 25:14
- He is beautiful. Psalm 27:4
- He is my helper, the upholder of my life. Psalm 54:4
- He is a Rock. Psalm 62:2, 6
- His right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:8
- His house is good, His temple is holy. Psalm 65:4
- He listens to my prayers. Psalm 66:19
- He hides me in the shadow of His wings. Psalm 17:8
- He lightens my darkness. Psalm 18:28
- His way is perfect. Psalm 18:30
- He is glorious. Psalm 29:1-4
- The heavens are the work of His fingers. Psalm 8:3
- He sits enthroned forever. Psalm 9:7
- He is king. Psalm 10:16
- His words are pure. Psalm 12:6
- He covers himself with light as with a garment. Psalm 104:2
I bolded some of my favorites.
Are you experiencing anything new or fresh about God lately? I would love to hear about it.
photo via unsplash