If you still have glorious leaves falling around you, start your Christmas crafts now.
It’s never too early!
If you would prefer to wait a little while longer, you can store your leaves in the fridge, or in books for when you’re ready to try some stunningly simple Christmas leaf wreath ideas with your kids.
Firstly, I’ll explain how to make them – so easy!Or you can watch the video below.
And then I’ll show you the amazing leaf wreaths the kids and I made together. You’ll only need a few materials to get started.
- Leaves, lots and lots of glorious leaves!
- Cardboard (we recycled a cereal box)
- Optional hole punches: Circle, stars, musical notes (Aff. links)
How to make your Christmas Leaf Wreath
- Go outside and collect some leaves with your kids. Take your time and enjoy the pretty patterns and colours that you find on the leaves.
- Draw a big circle on your cardboard and cut it out. Now cut out another circle in the middle of your circle, to create an O shape.
- Prepare and/or hole punch your leaves ready to glue them onto your wreath.
- Add glue the whole way around the cardboard and start gluing on your leaves.
- Tie your ribbon into a bow and glue it to your wreath.
Beautiful Christmas Leaf Wreath Ideas!
Hole punch Christmas leaf wreath
Kids will love hole punching their leaves and adding the shapes onto the cardboard. It’s such a pretty effect. Try to get a bunch of green and red leaves, they really make it feel like Christmas.
Whole leaf and added hole punched leaf wreath
This one turned out so pretty. Combine leaves and a few hole punched musical notes to finish it off. It will teach your children fine motor skills, patterning (with the way they overlap the leaves) and they’ll have fun making it!
Simple Christmas Leaf wreath
The easiest of all three. Just add leaves to your cardboard O. For a little extra pop, add a few seed pods too.
I hope your little ones enjoy this as much as mine did.
Want to see more wonderful ways to get your kids connecting with nature? Follow us on Facebook or Instagram .
Leave a Reply