See the natural world around you with this glorious nature silhouette craft using paper plates. They help children notice the patterns, textures, and colours around them. They also look simply stunning.
This activity is also a lovely way to enjoy a quiet moment in nature, to be still and appreciate it. We’re far too busy in our world today and this craft slows it all down. It helps you and your child focus on the moment. That one moment rather than the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
These nature silhouettes are easily made and, if you scroll to the end, you’ll see that they can be used in multiple ways, not just as nature silhouettes.
Materials for nature silhouette craft:
- Paper plates
- Scissors or Stanley knife (or similar cutting tools)
- Protector while cutting
How to make this nature silhouette craft:
- Draw items from nature on the paper plates. Try leaves, feathers, clouds, trees, flowers, mushrooms, and more. The simpler the shape the easier it will be to cut out.
- Place a protector under the paper plate and use a cutting tool to cut out the shape.
- Time to explore the world around you with your children using these silhouettes. Talk about textures, patterns, and colours.
Like A Little Learning For Two, we used our paper plate nature silhouettes as stencils too and we also decorated the middle silhouettes that popped out of the plates. Nothing was wasted.
Your children will love spending time with you and their mental well-being will be replenished with this time to refocus on something slow, simple and in the moment.
More paper plate nature crafts?
You may also like our
Nature Arts and Crafts Pack
This pack will provide hours of fun, learning,
and creativity for you and your children.
– Over 30 nature arts and craft printables
– Printables include an easy how-to instruction sheet
Just add nature to bring the printable to life!
Renee Play-Based-Parenting says
very creative way to get outdoors and enjoy nature.
This is really cool! Such an interesting way to look at the world!
Kate @ the craft train says
This looks fun! I love all of the different nature shapes you’ve created.